This course for IT Professionals covers design, installation, administration, monitoring and troubleshooting enterprise search solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
About This Course
This three day course prepares IT Professionals to administer enterprise search solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint. All aspects of administration are covered including search topologies, search sites, content crawling, federation, monitoring, and search reporting.
This course is intended for IT Professionals responsible for administering the search features of SharePoint Server 2010 and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- Configure content sources, crawl content, and troubleshoot and monitor the crawl process.
- Create and configure enterprise search sites.
- Create and configure managed properties, keywords, and SharePoint search scopes.
- Create new federated locations and configure the federated web parts.
- Monitor and configure search reports and web analytics.
- Design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for FAST Search Server.
- Install FAST Search Server standalone and multiple search server systems.
- Determine when to use a FAST Search specialty connector and configure the FAST Web Crawler.
- Configure FAST Search enhanced managed properties, FAST Search scopes, business based promotions and demotions, FAST Search keywords, and Visual Best Bets.
- Implement a backup and restore plan for FAST Search Server.
Monitor the FAST Search Server and use command line utilities.