This course covers the Search features of the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 product for Application Developers. The course provides instruction on developing search solutions with SharePoint Server 2010.
About This Course
In this course, students will learn how to develop enterprise search applications for Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010. This course builds on the search-related material in 10175A Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 Application Development. Topics include: processing data content, configuring Federation, search scopes, managed metadata, linguistics, federated object model applications, custom search applications, extending connectors using SharePoint Designer, and custom connectors using Business Connectivity Services.
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend SharePoint Server 2010.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the SharePoint search architecture and identify search components.
- Crawl and configure SharePoint sites and file shares.
- Create and configure a search site with out of the box search web parts.
- Create and configure federated locations and federated web parts.
- Implement SharePoint search scopes and managed metadata.
- Configure and customize SharePoint linguistic features.
- Create a search web part using the Federated Object Model.
- Create a Query Web Services client to submit a query and retrieve results.
- Create an External Content Type using SharePoint Designer.
- Create a .NET Assembly Connector using Visual Studio 2010.